The social media influence is growing undeniably in Malaysia. Based on the report we have generated through ZocialRank, the tool that ranks and analyzes social media trends shows more and more Malaysians contribute to the Twitter growth in the country. Let us dive into some interesting data about Twitter in Malaysia.
- There are about 3.5 million twitter users and a whopping 162.4 million tweets posted up to the month of February 2014.
- 21.8% of these users, approximately 760 thousand Twitter users, are active while the majority 78.2%, which is 2.7 million of the entire Malaysian Twitter population, are inactive.
- Analyzing the amount of tweets posted in Q4 2013, the top tweet location is Kangar, followed by Masai, Ampang, Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru.
Brands, Celebrities and Politicians also participate actively on Twitter.
- 3 out of 5 top brands with most followers on Twitter are airlines.
- 4 out of 5 top brands are related to transportation industry.
- The current Malaysian Prime Minister is the most popular on Twitter.
- Top 4 politicians are from the ruling coalition.